Feathery Facts About Peacocks:
- Only the males are actually “peacocks.”
- The collective term for these birds is “peafowl.”
- Females are “peahens.”
- Babies are called “peachicks.”
- A family of peafowl is called a “bevy.”
- Male peachicks don’t start growing their showy trains until about age three.
- They don’t have to be killed for their feathers.
- They can fly, despite their massive trains.
- There are all-white peafowl
- Peacocks were a delicacy in medieval times.
Artwork featuring your favorite animal would look great on environmentally friendly tote bags!
Get a quote today!